1.Ten days ______ long enough for Mr. Carter to finish his design. He doesn't need any more.
A. is B. has been C. was D. had been
ten days 作为一个整体看待，谓语用单数形式。(注意时态)
2. Now， many people use the word Ms instead of Miss or Mrs， for example， before the names of ______ in business letters.
A. woman manager B. women manager C. woman managers D. women managers
3. The number of students who failed the chemistry examination _____ to fifteen.
A. have increased B. has increased C. is increased D. are increasing
the number of 谓语动词用单数。
4. Neither John nor his father _______ able to wake up early enough to catch the morning train.
A. was B. were C. would be D. have been
5. The room is eight _______ long.
A. foot B. foots C. feet D. feets
foot 英尺，复数形式 feet
8. Not only the students but also their teacher ______ at the meeting.
A. was present B. were present C. have been presented D. has been presented
not only…… but also 谓语动词与相邻名词一致。
9. One of the things she wrote about ______ life on a small farm at the beginning of the century.
A. is B. was C. are D. were
one of 谓语用单数。
10. Only about one out of twelve of the young men and women of this country _____ college education.
A. receive B. receives C. have received D. have been received
one out of 谓语用单数形式。
11. Never before ______ so many people been engaged in producing goods just for the comfort of man.
A. has B. have C. will D. would
主语so many people为复数。
engage in doing sth. 忙于做某事。
12. At the bus stop were a soldier and two young people on their way to North Carolina.
A. were B. was C. is D. sits and waits
主语 a soldier and two young people为复数
13. There ______ the last piece of cake and the last spoonful of ice cream.
A. goes B. go C. gone D. was gone
主语 the last piece of cake and the last spoonful of ice cream复数
14. Mr. Brown， and not I ， ________ chosen to be the representative of the class.
A. is B. am C. are D. have been
15. The teacher， as well as a number of students， _______ to attend the party.
A. ask B. asks C. was asked D. were asked
谓语动词与as well as前面的名词一致。
16. The hostess together with the guests of honor ________ comfortably in the living room.
A. was seated B. seated C. were seated D. were seating
谓语与 together with 前的名词一致
be seated 就坐
Please be seated ladies and gentlmen.
Seat the boy next to his brother.
17. The father， rather than the brothers， _______ responsible for the accident.
A. is B. are C. have been D. has
主语 the father ，单数
be responsible for 对……负责
18. Either Carol or Grace ______ to the concert， but one of them has to stay home.
A. is coming B. are coming C. will coming D. have come
19. The total amount of money ______ 100 dollars.
A. is B. are C. has D. have
20. Great quantities of fish _____ on high seas.
A. is caught B. are caught C. catch D. is catching
21. Either of the young ladies _____ perfectly qualified to teach Greek and Latin.
A. is B. are C. has D. have
22. Having studied your report carefully， I am convinced that neither of your solutions _____ correct.
A. are B. is C. had D. will
23. In some countries each of the citizens ______ to decide government policies.
A. helps B. help C. are helped D. is helped
24. The nurse added_____ to the medcine to make the ease for the child to take.
A. some sugar B. some sugars C. a sugar D. sugars
take medcine 吃药
25. “I like your furniture very much.”
“Thank you. We bought ____ in Beijing.”
A. the most of them B. the most of it C. most of them D. most of it